Tuesday, May 27, 2008

All Things Ham

Trixie and the Coonster were passing through on their way home and decided to stay at Connie’s Casa on Collister, but the lady of the house was out so they were stuck with me. I did the crockpot thing and we had a nice dinner with BMK&R. We visited clear till 11:30pm about the Escalante trip and what fun they had. I had a few chicken items I picked up at the auctions, along with some Santa and snowman items, and Trixie seemed genuinely thrilled. The best was the two toys for the Coonster and I can hardly wait to hear how these played out at home (and get your mind out of the gutter!). Here he is trying out the "Basket Case" game.




I put together a breakfast of toast, fruit, and (you guessed it) ham. It seems that ham is the Escalante mainstay for the weekend meals, so much so that both were pretty tired of it. But they were troopers and ate it anyway, but we got to laughing about how perhaps the word ham should be substituted for any and all cuss words. You know, like “oh, go straight to HAM” or “what the HAM were you thinking.” Here’s a couple photos of the morning fun.



I think this is a happy face but I'm not entirely sure.

We had a big laugh about this as well as deciding that we need to start a “Bella-pedia” for the cute things this grandchild says. I still giggle out loud thinking about the “George Washing Machine” dollar bill. Probably need a "Pedia" for each of them grandkids cause they all say the darnedest things.

The hole in the yard next door is getting bigger and the forms are in for a foundation. I bet by the time I get back from visiting the family and doing the conference thing that a house might have sprouted up.


Well, time to get back to working on getting the Missus car back in the garage.

Later
- Art

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Art!!! This ham is hilarious. Ham happens as you can see... (oh my ham I love this ham) Also the pic of trixie is her happy face. We arrive at home to find allllll the plants had grown like hammin' weeds. The hedge along the driveway is blooming as smells wonderful. We will send pics after we get things straightened around.

Just to let you know we are saving our George Washing Machines for September.

The 'ol C

Mrs. Doctor said...

Sounds like a blast...wish I could have been there!