Sunday, July 1, 2007

A little bit about the regular joints

I thought I’d add a segment on the places and folks where I get my weekly auction fix. Not that these places aren’t as interesting as the road trips, mind you, but I tend to forget just how nice it is to see the regular gang and catch a bargain or two.

Saturday mornings you’ll find me headin down to The Main auction about 9:30 so as to score my usual parking spot and feast on a fresh maple bar and a cup of my homemade joe. I see the regular crowd and the proprietor and put a warm howdy on Junior, Miss Elaine in the office, and the clerking girls. They’re all pretty glad to see me, as they know I’ll run the price up and help out on clerking, and that makes everyone a bit happier. And besides, I enjoy the action up close. Maybe one of these days I might even take the mike for a minute or two.


Here's Del, he's one of the regulars at Main and at Caldwell.

On Thursdays me the the misses head to Caldwell Auction (that is if she aint bowling) and we get there about 6 pm. I draws me a map of the back room so as to remember where I saw stuff I want, and the misses generally hangs out in the front room where the better stuff is and folks can sit in the bleachers while the auction goes on.

This is Wendy at the Caldwell Auction office,. She's about 5 foot nothin and a real hoot!

This is the owner Wes, and the name of his auction business is Handlebar Enterprises
Hmmm, I wonder why?

And this is a regular named John (looks a bit like Hemingway huh?) and he decided the hat really setoff his eyes. I'm not sure he's really the type for this hat but I paid him a compliment and he seemed happy about it.


We always end up about the last to leave and of late we've been know to have staff meeting on the tailgate and enjoy a round of storytelling. Just recently Miss Judy came for a visit and scored some fanciful dishes and it seemed right like she enjoyed herself. We hear tell that her folks might be comin our way and partake of the auction runs and I couldn't be more thrilled. I'm just hoping they come early, get a number, and bring a truck - as thems are the rules.

Here's a photo at the Caldwell auction when Miss Judy visited. Not the best but hey, its really a phone and not a camera.



Well, that's about it for now. I should have another round of stories to tell as we're heading to Paul, Idaho on Friday the 13th for another visit with the Masters boys, and then to see the inlaws for a fun weekend.

Later y'all
- Art

2 comments:

Miss Five said...

I am loving the details and pictures of your peeps!

Thanks again for helping me at the auction! I love my dishes - and can't wait to use them!!

Trixie L'Amour said...

Well, I'm sure pleased to read an update! The pictures are great...I feel like I was there...ALMOST!
We can't wait to come over our ownselves. Me & the Ol' Coonster are really looking forward to it. Thanks for reviewing the rules so we don't look like goof heads!!
See ya soon!